Monday, December 15, 2008

Enchanted Evening

Sunday, late afternoon, my amazing neighbors Lynn & Gretchen hosted the most dreamy dinner. It was a potluck affair to celebrate all that is seasonal & local in our area. Everything seemed to fall into place perfectly (surely the secret magic of a talented pair of hosts working hard for that elusive effect of effortlessness). The guests were all inspired & threw themselves into creating inventive & well-crafted dishes, all inspired by what is now readily at hand. Even the weather stepped up & was on her best behavior: lovely 70 degree December weather, clear blue skies and not a mosquito to be heard.

I made these:
Grapefruit ice cream with David Lebovitz's chocolate macarons. Not too bad.

Long tables and lively conversation:
I walked home with my belly happy, my mind full & feeling like the luckiest person alive.

(Photo credit: Gretchen O'Neil)

No comments:

Post a Comment