Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I'm thinking about felt, feeling itchy & overwarm and searching for images of Joseph Beuy's work with grey felt. Distractions.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
We are heading off to Dallas to visit the family this weekend, a very quick trip, but perhaps (hopefully?) a restful one.
Two things happened last week that really made me smile & blush. One, I won a trio of charming Ghost Academy cards from the excellent Crow & Canary. How cute is that bird card?
And two, Anna gave me a Kreativ Blogger award. Aw, shucks, Anna. Thank you! If you could only see me blush...
1. Being quiet & alone, an all too rare pleasure. I think my best & clearest when I can get time like this.
2. Having time to get lost in intricate projects with no clear idea of how to do them, but to think them out as I go along.
3. Swimming laps is as close to flying as I will ever get. It's absolute, dizzying weightlessness.
4. Having fresh flowers in the house. I love bringing wildflowers & the humble flowers that grow in our yard & placing them in unexpected places. There is almost always a tiny, slightly tousled arrangement on our bathroom window sill. It makes the room so fresh & peaceful. 5. Watching a new episode of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse. Every Saturday night, we gather up everything we could possibly need & sit down to watch the newest episode on Hulu. I love all kinds of suspense/conspiracy films & this show is the nailbiting-est one of all.
6. My dear family. I couldn't imagine a more perfect morning than to bring our daughter into bed with us & all hunker under the duvet, lingering until hunger & the desire for a big cup of coffee lures us out again (well, not that the coffee lures Baby M out, the toy push wagon usually does that trick).
7. And finally, dear Internet, this one is for you. I love the Internet. I love how it makes the far, close & how it makes the flow of ideas become liquid-fast. I love how it has brought me together with people I had given up as lost & meet new people in places I have never been. My life is so much richer, brighter & larger for having this amazing resource.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Will I have that kind of spirit, when I'm that age?
Images via Racing Squirrel and Mark Reuben Gallery