Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Whiff


I am not a perfume person, but I love the idea of Baby M growing up and associating a particular scent with me. It seems so elegant & old world to 'own' a fragrance in that way. To have it be yours & yours alone.
I think I've got it right this time.
I love the teeny glass bottle. I love the feeling of pulling out the itsy little glass stopper & adding a precious drop to my wrist & the back of my neck. I love how it changes and mellows from morning 'til evening. I love how it gets on my scarf & my clothing begins to take on this mysterious ghost scent all on its own. I love how the reaction of the perfumed oil melds with my own chemistry to create something new, unlike anything/anyone else. I love how such a simple act of wearing a hint of perfume can make me feel more pulled together & elevate an otherwise ordinary routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment